EFFECTIVE DATE: Mar 6, 2018
By visiting the Site, or using any of our Services, you agree that your personal information will be handled as described in this Policy. Your use of this Site or Services, and any dispute over privacy, is subject to this Policy, including its applicable limitations on damages and the resolution of disputes. The catchinfo.org Terms of Service are incorporated by reference into this Policy.
What Information Do We Collect About You and Why?
We may collect information about you directly from you and from third parties, as well as automatically through your use of this Site or Services.
Information We Collect Directly From You.
Certain areas of this Site and Services require submission of information through online forms. Forms may require information such as name, job title, organization, district and/or school name, address, phone number, state, and email address; however, you are not required to provide us with this information through the site and may contact CATCH directly to provide any information required for Services.
Information We Collect Automatically.
We may automatically collect the following information about your use of this Site or Services through cookies, web beacons, and other technologies: your domain name; your browser type and operating system; web pages you view; links you click; your IP address; the length of time you visit this Site and or use these Services; and the referring URL, or the webpage that led you to this Site, and the following: access time, browser type, domain name, IP address, page views and referring URL. We may combine this information with other information that we have collected about you, including, where applicable, your name, and other personal information. Please see the section “Cookies and Other Tracking Mechanisms” below for more information.
How We Use Your Information
We use your information, including your personal information, for the following purposes:
- To provide our Services to you, to communicate with you about your use of our Services, to respond to your inquiries, to fulfill your orders, and for other customer service purposes.
- To tailor the content and information that we may send or display to you, to offer location customization, and personalized help and instructions, and to otherwise personalize your experiences while using the Site or our Services.
- For marketing and promotional purposes. For example, we may use your information, such as your email address, to send you news and newsletters, special offers, and promotions, or to otherwise contact you about products or information we think may interest you. We also may use the information that we learn about you to assist us in advertising our Services on third party websites.
- To better understand how users access and use this Site and Services, both on an aggregated and individualized basis, in order to improve this Site and Services and respond to user desires and preferences, and for other research and analytical purposes.
- To analyze user behavior.
How We Share Your Information
We may share your information, including personal information, as follows:
- Affiliates and Copyright Owners. We may disclose the information we collect from you to our affiliates or subsidiaries, or copyright owners of the content on the Site; however, if we do so, their use and disclosure of your personally identifiable information will be subject to this Policy.
- Service Providers. We may disclose the information we collect from you to third party vendors, service providers, contractors or agents who perform functions on our behalf.
- Business Transfers. If we are acquired by or merged with another company, if substantially all of our assets are transferred to another company, or as part of a bankruptcy proceeding, we may transfer the information we have collected from you to the other company.
- In Response to Legal Process. We also may disclose the information we collect from you in order to comply with the law, a judicial proceeding, court order, or other legal process, such as in response to a court order or a subpoena.
- To Protect Us and Others. We also may disclose the information we collect from you where we believe it is necessary to investigate, prevent, or take action regarding illegal activities, suspected fraud, situations involving potential threats to the safety of any person, violations of this Policy, or as evidence in litigation in which CATCH is involved.
- Aggregate and De-Identified Information. We may share aggregate or de-identified information about users with third parties for marketing, advertising, research or similar purposes.
Currently, our systems do not recognize browser “do-not-track” requests. You may, however, disable certain tracking as discussed in this section (e.g., by disabling cookies); you also may opt-out of targeted advertising by following the instructions in the Third Party Ad Network section.
Cookies. Cookies are alphanumeric identifiers that we transfer to your computer’s hard drive through your web browser for record-keeping purposes. Some cookies allow us to make it easier for you to navigate this Site and Services, while others are used to enable a faster log-in process or to allow us to track your activities at this Site and Service. There are two types of cookies: session and persistent cookies.
- Session Cookies. Session cookies exist only during an online session. They disappear from your computer when you close your browser or turn off your computer. We use session cookies to allow our systems to uniquely identify you during a session. This allows us to process your online transactions and requests and verify your identity as you move through this Site.
- Persistent Cookies. Persistent cookies remain on your computer after you have closed your browser or turned off your computer. We use persistent cookies to track aggregate and statistical information about user activity.
Disabling Cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but if you prefer, you can edit your browser options to block them in the future. The Help portion of the toolbar on most browsers will tell you how to prevent your computer from accepting new cookies, how to have the browser notify you when you receive a new cookie, or how to disable cookies altogether. Visitors to this Site who disable cookies will be able to browse certain areas of the Site, but some features may not function.
User Generated Content
We invite you to post content on this Site, including your comments, pictures, and any other information that you would like to be available on this Site. If you post content to this Site, all of the information that you post will be available to all visitors of this Site. If you post your own content on this Site or Services, your posting may become public and CATCH cannot prevent such information from being used in a manner that may violate this Policy, the law, or your personal privacy.
This Site and Services may contain links to third-party websites. Any access to and use of such linked websites is not governed by this Policy, but instead is governed by the privacy policies of those third party websites. We are not responsible for the information practices of such third party websites.
Security of My Personal Information
We have implemented commercially reasonable precautions to protect the information we collect from loss, misuse, and unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration, and destruction. Please be aware that despite our efforts, no data security measures can guarantee 100% security.
You should take steps to protect against unauthorized access to your password, phone, and computer by, among other things, signing off after using a shared computer, choosing a robust password that nobody else knows or can easily guess, and keeping your log-in and password private. We are not responsible for any lost, stolen, or compromised passwords or for any activity on your account via unauthorized password activity.
What Choices Do I Have Regarding Use of My Personal Information?
We may send periodic promotional or informational emails to you. You may opt-out of such communications by following the opt-out instructions contained in the e-mail. Please note that it may take up to 10 business days for us to process opt-out requests. If you opt-out of receiving emails about recommendations or other information we think may interest you, we may still send you e-mails about Services you have requested or received from us.
Children Under 13
Our Services are not designed for children under 13. If we discover that a child under 13 has provided us with personal information, we will delete such information from our systems.
If you have questions about the privacy aspects of our Services or would like to make a complaint, please contact us.
Changes to this Policy
This Policy is current as of the Effective Date set forth above. We may change this Policy from time to time, so please be sure to check back periodically. We will post any changes to this Policy on this Site. If we make any changes to this Policy that materially affect our practices with regard to the personal information we have previously collected from you, we will endeavor to provide you with notice in advance of such change by highlighting the change on this Site.