CATCH collaborated with researchers at Michael & Susan Dell Center for Healthy Living at The University of Texas Health Science Center at Houston (UTHealth) School of Public Health to create CATCH My Breath™, a youth e-cigarette, JUUL, and vape prevention program specific to grades 5-12. The evidence-based program was shown to substantially reduce students’ likelihood of vaping in the year following program implementation. Students also showed a significant increase in knowledge of the dangers of vaping and an increase in positive perceptions about choosing a vape-free lifestyle.
General Enrollment Form
Interested in previewing the CATCH My Breath nicotine vaping prevention program? Create an account to preview all of the lessons. If you have specific questions regarding the curriculum or would like to speak to a member of our team, please email email@example.com.
Help prevent youth e-cigarette use by supporting the CATCH My Breath program.
- The spike in e-cigarette use among youth has been called an “epidemic” and “public health crisis” by the US Surgeon General. As of 2019, 27.5% of high school and 10.5% of middle school students vape (source: 2019 National Youth Tobacco Survey).
- CATCH My Breath is an evidence-based program shown to significantly reduce the likelihood of vaping in the year following program implementation.
- Just $10 brings effective vaping prevention education to 65 kids.
- CATCH My Breath program one-pager
- CATCH My Breath Service Learning Projects
- CATCH My Breath Training
- Stay informed with email updates and/or support us with a donation
- CATCH My Breath in the press
- See CATCH My Breath in action: Wareham Middle School
- Parent resources
- MD Anderson ASPIRE tobacco prevention program
- CATCH My Breath Ambassadors
CATCH My Breath FAQ & Resources
The following organizations collaborated in the pilot project for CATCH my Breath: