Blogs / Newsletters / Announcements
- New Orleans CATCH Coordinated School Health Initiative – Phase 1 Evaluation Report January 30, 2018
- New Orleans District to Expand Health Promotion Program to Sixteen More Elementary Schools July 25, 2017
- CATCH® returns to New Orleans with help from Humana Foundation August 10, 2016
Video Highlights from
CATCH Launch in New Orleans September 17, 2016
- New Partnership Promotes Healthy Living to JPPSS Students August 29, 2016 | JPPSS News
- New Orleans program helps kids stay healthy October 14, 2016 | Humana News
- CATCH Newsletter March 2018
- The CATCH Promise
- Lights, Camera, Action! New Videos Featuring CATCH November 2017 | CATCH Newsletter
- The #CATCHkickoff Fun Continues! September 2017 | CATCH Newsletter
- CATCH Expands in New Orleans Thanks to Generous Donation from Humana Foundation July 2017 | CATCH Newsletter
- CATCH Makes a Big Splash in Big Easy May 2017 | CATCH Newsletter
- When CATCH Comes Marching In January 2017 | CATCH Newsletter
- CATCH Returns to NOLA! August 2016 | CATCH Newsletter
"Some pics from this month's trip to visit @JPPSS CATCH schools! Thanks @Humana Foundation for supporting CATCH in Jefferson Parish!"
"This photo was sent to us from Clancy Maggiore Elementary School (Jefferson Parish Public Schools) showing their work from a "Join the CATCH Chain" activity."
"We had a great time visiting with Catherine Strehle Elementary School! Lots of wonderful CATCH spirit all around 🙂 #CATCHKickOff
Thanks to the Humana Foundation for their continued support of Jefferson Parish Public Schools!"
"Students and staff at Catherine Strehle Elementary School do a GO vs. WHOA foods activity as part of their CATCH Kick-Off Week! #CATCHKickOff"
"What a way to start the week! Bridgedale Elementary students go through a CATCH activity at today's Phase II kickoff event. Thanks to a grant from Humana, thousands more JPPSS elementary students will participate in this scientifically proven wellness program."
"Such a treat today to see how @JPPSS' Bridgedale Elementary gets kids excited about movement & nutrition! Smiles all around! #CATCHkickoff"
"Thrilled to be at Bridgedale Elementary today announcing our @JPPSS Phase 2 launch thanks to a generous grant from the @Humana Foundation!"
"Check out this video highlighting our site visits to @JPPSS schools last month! #NOLA"
"@ClancyEagles students wore their creatively awesome GO foods hats on Friday. @CATCHhealth shows students which foods are GO, SLOW, and WHOA"
"@ClancyEagles had a @CATCHhealth week. Ms Peters had her very own healthy "fruit salad" in her class."
"We had a great visit to our CATCH sites in Jefferson Parish Public Schools this month. Check out some of the activities and visuals helping promote healthy lifestyles for JPPS kids! Thanks to the Humana Foundation for supporting CATCH in Jefferson Parish!"
"Honored to be Humana Foundation's "Spotlight on Success" in their January newsletter! Thank you, Humana, for generously supporting CATCH's efforts in Jefferson Parish Public Schools!"
"A program that led to increased student wellness last school year is expanding to over a dozen more JPPSS elementary schools."
"Here are some photos from Day 2 of our site visit to Jefferson Parish Public Schools. We're so happy to see Bissonet Plaza Elementary fostering such a fun, healthy CATCH culture – keep up the great work!"
"'CATCH is real! This program is here to stay. We are moving forward at Hart ES.' - Coach Deanne Dunn, Hart Elementary School
It was great to catch up with some New Orleans schools today who implemented CATCH in August! See some photos from our site visit to Jefferson Parish Public Schools including Bridgedale Elementary School and William Hart Elementary School!"
"More shots of the CATCH kickoff at Hart Elementary of Jefferson Parish Public Schools. The best exercise is FUN exercise! Thanks again to Humana for their support in bringing CATCH to New Orleans."
"A very active morning at #HartElementary for their @USACATCH kickoff event."
"CATCH in action at Bissonet Plaza Elementary School in NOLA!"
"'The more I learn about the CATCH program, the more I love it. It will be helpful to everyone.'
- Kevin Kitchen, Chateau Estates School CATCH Coordinator and Physical Education Department Chairman"
"Hart Elementary students "building a salad" with this CATCH activity."
"Students at Hart Elementary's CATCH kickoff event warming up for a fun day."
The CATCH Foundation & JPPSS Team Up With Help From The Humana Foundation on Vimeo
"Check out this great video from @JPPSS of our launch in New Orleans this summer!"
"The Humana Foundation granted $80K to @USACATCH to launch health programs in #NewOrleans schools. #HometownHealth"
"We are excited to announce our launch in New Orleans!!! The CATCH program will be coming to 8 Jefferson Parish Public Schools, bringing 4,200 elementary students the tools they need to lead healthy lives. For more info, visit: catchinfo.org/catch-nola."