Blogs / Newsletters / Announcements
- New Orleans CATCH Coordinated School Health Initiative – Phase 1 Evaluation Report January 30, 2018
- New Orleans District to Expand Health Promotion Program to Sixteen More Elementary Schools July 25, 2017
- CATCH® returns to New Orleans with help from Humana Foundation August 10, 2016
Video Highlights from
CATCH Launch in New Orleans September 17, 2016
- CATCH Rolls Out in 16 Additional New Orleans Schools, Thanks to Baptist Community Ministries September 2018 | CATCH Newsletter
- CATCH Expands to 40 Schools in Jefferson Parish with Grant from Baptist Community Ministries July 2018 | CATCH Newsletter
- New Partnership Promotes Healthy Living to JPPSS Students August 29, 2016 | JPPSS News
- New Orleans program helps kids stay healthy October 14, 2016 | Humana News
- The CATCH Promise
- Lights, Camera, Action! New Videos Featuring CATCH November 2017 | CATCH Newsletter
- The #CATCHkickoff Fun Continues! September 2017 | CATCH Newsletter
- CATCH Expands in New Orleans Thanks to Generous Donation from Humana Foundation July 2017 | CATCH Newsletter
- CATCH Makes a Big Splash in Big Easy May 2017 | CATCH Newsletter
- When CATCH Comes Marching In January 2017 | CATCH Newsletter
- CATCH Returns to NOLA! August 2016 | CATCH Newsletter
"Audubon Elementary School knows how to pair fitness & fun! Their CATCH Fun Run in February brought the whole community together to teach kids the importance of #HealthyLiving! Great work, Jefferson Parish Public Schools! #CATCHworks"
"@JPschools' Allen Ellender School celebrated Mardi Gras last week with CATCH! Practicing moderate-to-vigorous physical activity is so much more fun as a krewe!! #CATCHworks"
"Jefferson Parish Public Schools are rocking the #CATCHPromise initiative across their district! Check out their commitment to #GoSlowWhoa and moderate-to-vigorous physical activity below! Keep up the great work, JPPS! 🎊 #CATCHworks"
"Supporting child health is a community effort, and @JPPSS does a great job uniting teachers, staff, students, and parents in their mission to teach healthier habits! #GoSlowWhoa #CATCHworks"
"The kids at Jefferson Parish Public Schools are catching on to #GoSlowWhoa!! We love their commitment to #HealthyLiving!"
"CATCH Literacy Night at Strehle Elementary combined nutrition lessons with reading! 📖 "The Very Hungry Caterpillar" taught kiddos that GO foods can give you more energy and make you feel better! Awesome job, Jefferson Parish Public Schools! #GoSlowWhoa"
"Congratulations to our Baptist Community Ministries program officer, Christy Ross, for being named a 2018 Terrance Keenan Institute for Emerging Leaders in Health Philanthropy Fellow! Thank you for all that you do to support our efforts in @JPPSS!"
"@JPPSS superintendent @CadeBrumley to students at a CATCH Kick-Off assembly this morning: "You have inspired me to go for a run every morning.” #CATCHMVP🏃♂️"
"CATCH is expanding to 16 more elementary schools within Jefferson Parish Public Schools – bringing the new total to 39 schools! CATCH and Jefferson Parish leaders celebrated this great accomplishment last Friday at Strehle Elementary - check out some of the highlights of the event below! #CATCHkickoff #GoSlowWhoa"
""At Ellender we are all about GO foods and GO drinks!!!"
We love seeing healthy leaders in action! Keep up the great work, Jefferson Parish Public Schools! #GoSlowWhoa"
"Catherine Strehle Elementary School helped kick off another expansion of the CATCH program in JPPSS. Thanks to a grant from Baptist Community Ministries, kids at nearly half our campuses can now participate in this school health initiative. #WeLove #WeLearn #WeLead #JPschools"
"See photos, profile pictures and albums from CATCH."
"We are excited to announce our launch in New Orleans!!! The CATCH program will be coming to 8 Jefferson Parish Public Schools, bringing 4,200 elementary students the tools they need to lead healthy lives. For more info, visit: catchinfo.org/catch-nola."
"The Humana Foundation granted $80K to @USACATCH to launch health programs in #NewOrleans schools. #HometownHealth"
The CATCH Foundation & JPPSS Team Up With Help From The Humana Foundation on Vimeo
"Check out this great video from @JPPSS of our launch in New Orleans this summer!"
"Students at Hart Elementary's CATCH kickoff event warming up for a fun day."
"Hart Elementary students "building a salad" with this CATCH activity."
"'The more I learn about the CATCH program, the more I love it. It will be helpful to everyone.'
- Kevin Kitchen, Chateau Estates School CATCH Coordinator and Physical Education Department Chairman"
"CATCH in action at Bissonet Plaza Elementary School in NOLA!"
"A very active morning at #HartElementary for their @USACATCH kickoff event."
"More shots of the CATCH kickoff at Hart Elementary of Jefferson Parish Public Schools. The best exercise is FUN exercise! Thanks again to Humana for their support in bringing CATCH to New Orleans."
"'CATCH is real! This program is here to stay. We are moving forward at Hart ES.' - Coach Deanne Dunn, Hart Elementary School
It was great to catch up with some New Orleans schools today who implemented CATCH in August! See some photos from our site visit to Jefferson Parish Public Schools including Bridgedale Elementary School and William Hart Elementary School!"
"Here are some photos from Day 2 of our site visit to Jefferson Parish Public Schools. We're so happy to see Bissonet Plaza Elementary fostering such a fun, healthy CATCH culture – keep up the great work!"
"A program that led to increased student wellness last school year is expanding to over a dozen more JPPSS elementary schools."