- Healthy U Symposium Celebrates 10 Years of Impact on the Health of Children and Families in New Jersey New Jersey | May 31, 2018
- Summit Area YMCA Healthy U Program Recognizes Childhood Obesity Awareness Month Summit, NJ | August 23, 2017
- Metro YMCA Offers Strategies to Turn the Tide on Childhood Obesity Livingston, NJ | September 14, 2018
- Mount Laurel YMCA teaches children to build healthy habits Mount Laurel, NJ | October 19, 2016
- Summit Area YMCA Hosts ‘Healthy Kids Day’ Apr. 21 Summit, NJ | April 9, 2018
Blogs / Newsletters / Announcements
- New Jersey’s “Healthy U” Program brings CATCH to 9 new preschools May 6, 2015
- Montana, Illinois, and New Jersey earn national recognition with inaugural CATCH® Awards for Excellence in Health December 18, 2017
- NEW! CATCH Kids Club Best Practices Guide Available February 12, 2016
- Healthy U Spring Symposium June 1, 2018 | Patch
- Healthy U Program Receives National Award for Excellence February 12, 2018 | NJ Partnership for Healthy Kids
- Lincoln School in Garwood participates in Healthy U initiative January 9, 2015 | NJ.com
- NJ Alliance of YMCA's January 16, 2014 | Webinar
- To Make Healthier Choices, Color-Code Your Food (Green Means Go!) January 7, 2014 | NPR
"Last but not least, our final CATCH Award, the "CATCH Award for Excellence in State Health," goes to Healthy U! CATCH users since 2008, Healthy U efforts have included nutrition education and increased physical activity in schools and YMCA childcare settings across the state of New Jersey. Partners like you are vital to help our mission grow!"
"YMCA staff participated in various Healthy U/CATCH School Implementation trainings in August. These YMCA school leaders will be assisting with their schools training and will be key in facilitating Healthy U and CATCH activities in their schools!"
"Healthy U uses the CATCH (Coordinated Approach To Child Health) curriculum in the preschool, afterschool and elementary school settings. CATCH is an evidence-based and award winning curriculum that was created in 1992 by national education and child health experts at The University of Texas Health Science Center at Houston, School of Public Health (UTHSC) and the Michael & Susan Dell Center for Healthy Living."
"Our After School kids love being healthy and making 'Ants on a Log' with the help of our Healthy U CATCH Nutrition Book! What's needed? Celery, Raisins, and Peanut Butter/Cream Cheese/Hummus"
"The Hamilton Area YMCA After School programs support the Healthy U/CATCH Initiative, promoting healthy choices and at least 30 minutes of physical activity each day. This week, we celebrate the Healthy U Kickoff with fun games, nutrition lessons, and some free shirts!"
"We're hosting the Healthy U CATCH Academy! Over the course of three days at our Sawmill Branch, representatives from Y's across New Jersey are learning to become Master Trainers of the #HealthyU curriculum."
"Children in the Y's Early Childhood, After School, and Camp programs learn about Go, Slow, and Whoa foods as part of the Healthy U CATCH curriculum. Here's an article with similar information for adults!"
"We use Horizon Blue Cross Blue Shield of New Jersey "Healthy U" CATCH (Coordinated Approach to Child Health) curriculum during our After School Programs and we demonstrate them for you. SIGN UP TODAY!"
"Honored to present @YHealthyU with the "CATCH GO Bowl" trophy (filled with GO food 🍒) last week at #HealthUSymposium2018 at Metlife Stadium. Healthy U has used CATCH in their statewide health initiatives for a decade! Learn more here:"
"Amazing day at Healthy U Symposium at @MLStadium with @YHealthyU @HZNFoundation @GoldinMartinez @GetFocused. Thank you to the NJ State YMCA Alliance and @dvandusen for awarding me with an CATCH Award Grant to implement in my school."
"Healthy U is a program that utilizes the CATCH curriculum. Why do we use CATCH? Because it WORKS! Check out this video."
"Inclusive games. Non-elimination. 'Infection tag.' #ForChildrensHealth #CATCH #BASICS #InvolvementByAll"
"Spotswood Elementary School students proudly share their new CATCH equipment from Healthy U. Just one more school supporting healthy environments for students. Thank you Spotswood Elementary and the Raritan Valley YMCA for working together to keep kids moving and eating well."
"#YhealthyU #YhealthyUCelebrates @YHealthyU
School aged after care CATCH Kick-Off with the Garfield YMCA on 10/22/15"
"#YhealthyU #YhealthyUcelebrate @YHealthyU @GarfieldYMCA Catch Kick Off!"
Healthy Living at YMCA General Assembly (Healthy U)
"Congrats to our friends @YHealthyU for 8 years of CATCH in schools & afterschool programs throughout NJ! Great vid:"
"Sue Cornell at #COC15 showcasing how @njymca & @HorizonBCBSNJ work together on @YHealthyU to bring CATCH to NJ kids!"
"Thanks @njdotcom for your coverage of the @YHealthyU program! We're excited for CATCH to go to work in Garfield, NJ!"
"More from the Healthy U - CATCH KICKOFF at Stony Brook @YHealthyU @HVYMCA"
"14 @ymca #HealthyU trainers completing peer modeling at CATCH Leaders Academy @USACATCH @HorizonBCBSNJ @sueyhealthyu"
"Quicker, quicker! #Relays #HaveFun #CATCH"
"Thirty minutes of games with 50% Moderate-to-Vigorous Activity - one of the main objectives of our CATCH philosophy."
"Here are a few more pictures from #HealthyUSymposium2018 held at Metlife Stadium!"
"Challenge by choice. Involvement by all. Activity from the get go. HAVE FUN! New Jersey YMCA State Alliance CATCH"
"Congrats @YHealthyU & @njymca for successfully promoting #HealthyLiving and childhood obesity prevention to over 76,000 children and their families over the last 10 years! #CATCHworks"