CKC Inclusion Guide Video Contest
Submission deadline extended to Feb 1st!
You are invited to create a short video demonstrating why inclusive physical activity is important in after school programming! Show us why and how you would use the new CKC Inclusion Guide as part of the CATCH Kids Club evidence-based and award winning after school program. We want to help you maximize equal opportunities for youth with disabilities in after school programs and create an inclusive environment that meets the needs of all youth. Submit your video by February 1st for a chance to win!
View the guides for Inclusion of Youth with Disability:
- Inclusion Guide: CATCH Kids Club K-5 Physical Activity
- Inclusion Guide: CATCH Kids Club 5-8 Physical Activity
- Inclusion Guide: CATCH Kids Club K-5 Curriculum
- Inclusion Guide: CATCH Kids Club 5-8 Curriculum
Your after school program could win one of the following prizes:
- 1st Place – CKC K-5 or 5-8 Activity Packs on CATCH.org ($50 value), CKC Nutrition Manual & K-5 of 5-8 Activity Box ($275 value), SO Unified Program Starter Kit ($360 value), and CATCH Starter Set ($495 value) – $1,180 total value!
- 2nd Place – CKC K-5 or 5-8 Activity Packs on CATCH.org ($50 value), CKC Nutrition Manual & K-5 or 5-8 Activity Box ($275 value), SO Unified Program Starter Kit ($360 value) – $685 total value!
- 3rd Place – CKC K-5 or 5-8 Activity Packs on CATCH.org ($50 value), SO Unified Program Starter Kit ($360 value) – $410 total value!
- Honorable Mentions (7) –CKC K-5 or 5-8 Activity Packs on CATCH.org ($50 value), CATCH Keepers Limited Space Activity Set ($215 value) – $265 total value!
- Participation Prizes (as available) – We’ll have some additional prizes to give away to the early participants!
- Entrant must have an after school program reaching youth between grades K – 8.
- The individual submitting the video is an adult employed by the after school program featured in the video.
- Only one video per after school program will be accepted.
Video Submission Requirements
- The video submission must be a minimum of 1 minute in length and may not exceed 5 minutes in length.
- The video submission may not contain any copyrighted or trademarked signs, art, or third-party logos visible at any time.
- The video submission may not contain any copyrighted music or sounds.
- Resolution should be at least 1920 x 1080 or 1280 x 720 – note that most modern smartphones will film in this resolution.
- Videos must meet all eligibility and submission requirements in order to be reviewed by the panel of judges.
Definition of Inclusion
The following definition of inclusion should be used as a guide for video submissions. Inclusion assumes that all children, regardless of ability or disability, have the right to:
- Be respected and appreciated as valuable members of the community
- Fully participate in all activities
- Interact with peers of all ability levels with opportunities to develop friendships and learn and respect differences
How to Submit Your Video
- 1. Upload your video submission to YouTube, Facebook, Twitter, Vimeo, or other video sharing platform.
- 2. Copy the link to the video or post (note: social media accounts cannot be private–we won’t be able to see your video!).
- 3. Fill out the submission form below and include the video/post link no later than February 1, 2019 at 11:59 p.m. ET.
- 4. We’ll let you know if we have any trouble accessing your video/post. Winners will be announced/notified by February 15, 2019.
If you have any trouble submitting your video, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we’ll be happy to help!
This video contest is made possible through the support of the Lakeshore Foundation-National Center for Health, Physical Activity and Disability (NCHPAD), CATCH Global Foundation, Flaghouse, and Special Olympics International.