- What is CATCH Promise?
- Interested? Here’s what you can do.
- List of CATCH Promise Priority Districts
- CATCH Promise Terms & Commitments
- CATCH Promise Sites & Funders
- Join the CATCH Promise Grassroots Team
- Donate to support the CATCH Promise
What is CATCH Promise?
CATCH Promise is an initiative to bring the Whole School, Whole Community, Whole Child (WSCC) model to school districts across the country where there is 1) a substantial public health need, 2) a lack of resources to implement, and 3) district readiness to act. CATCH Global Foundation is offering to help these 100 school districts overcome obstacles to deliver robust, impactful, evidence-based coordinated school health programming. CATCH Promise is not a blank check—it’s an investment. And there are terms to be met. But, we’re ready to bring substantial grants for educational programs to districts that are committed to creating healthy change.
CATCH Global Foundation has helped bring more than $1.5 million to date in community health grants to CATCH Promise districts across the country, and we produced some impressive results in places like Ysleta Independent School District, Jefferson Parish Public Schools, Goose Creek ISD, and Brownsville ISD.
“My discipline referrals across the board have gone down dramatically, attendance at school has gone up, and grades have gone up.”
– Benjamin Moscona, Principal, Bridgedale Elementary, Jefferson Parish Public Schools
A focus on impact.
Years of implementation and research have shown that CATCH has the greatest impact when we work with school districts where there is a combination of health need and readiness to act. We’re expanding CATCH Promise through proactive outreach to school districts where we think there is the greatest need for health education grants.
We identified 100 school districts as CATCH Promise “priorities” based on their size and free-and-reduced lunch rate. By proactively reaching out to these 100 priority districts—who serve 1 in 8 K-8 students in the U.S.—we can reach a large number of kids whose lives can be most impacted by school health programming. We’re happy to say that CATCH is being implemented to some degree in 23 of these districts, but we have a long way to go.
Sound interesting? Here’s what you can do.
- Invite CATCH to present to your district health or wellness committee (SHAC, WSCC council, etc.) – email us at email@example.com.
- Share the CATCH Promise video and website (catchinfo.org/promise). with administrators and leaders at your district and campus.
- Download and share the CATCH Promise one-pager.
Here are ways everyone can get involved:
- Watch and share our new CATCH Promise video.
- Follow us on Facebook and Twitter for the latest updates.
- Register for a free CATCH.org account to access select CATCH lessons and activities.
CATCH Promise Priority Districts
While we’ve identified these 100 priority districts for proactive outreach, this list is not exclusionary. Our goal is to create positive health impacts wherever we can. If your district is ready to implement the WSCC model and you think it’s a good
fit for CATCH Promise, we want to talk with you. Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
School District (scroll Down) | State
● = districts with full or partial CATCH implementation
See it in Action: CATCH Promise Spotlights
CATCH Promise Playlist
More about CATCH Promise
CATCH Promise Terms and Commitments
CATCH Promise is a substantial initiative by CATCH Global Foundation, which could include hundreds of thousands of dollars in community health grants and services for each school district served. As with any grants for educational programs, there are
terms and commitments for all parties involved.
To qualify for CATCH Promise, school districts must commit to:
- Work toward full implementation and institutionalization of the Whole School, Whole Community, Whole Child (WSCC) model using the CATCH Coordination Kit; this can be done in phases over multiple years.
- Measure and track health and education processes and outcomes.
- Leverage district and campus communications to promote & celebrate school health efforts.
- Recommended: Implement at least one CATCH component (CATCH K-8 classroom curriculum, CATCH PE, etc.).
CATCH Global Foundation commits to (as needed):
- Secure funding to support initial costs of WSCC institutionalization; create a plan for long-term locally-sustained implementation funding.
- In-person CATCH trainings, curricula & resources (via CATCH.org platform), and support equipment.
- Provide ongoing program and technical support.
- Leverage CATCH communication channels to celebrate successes and promote a community of health.
Why these 100 priority school districts?
One of the strengths of CATCH is that our coordinated school health program works with districts of all shapes and sizes. So, why have we identified “priority districts” for CATCH Promise? We created this targeted list based on large student populations and
high free-and-reduced lunch rate (>76.5% average); two factors that are strong indicators of public health need and resource availability.
CATCH Promise is a commitment to source and supply external resources (e.g. community health grants, training, equipment, etc.) and is intended only for districts that need substantial outside support in order to implement the WSCC model. These are districts where health education grants are going to have the greatest impact. We are open to conversations with any and all districts that are committed to successfully implementing the CATCH Program. Email us at email@example.com or give us a call at (855) 500-0050.
CATCH Promise Sites & Funders
The CATCH Promise wouldn’t be possible without the support of our Founding Partners: The University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center, the Michael & Susan Dell Foundation, RGK Foundation, and UTHealth.
CATCH is fully or partially implemented in 23 CATCH Promise sites around the country (see highlighted districts in the list above). Look for CATCH Promise district profiles here soon!
Local CATCH Promise Funders
Join the CATCH Promise Grassroots Team