The CATCH® Awards
CATCH has enabled thousands of schools and communities to create environments that improve children’s health, increase academic success, and support a lifetime of wellness. The winners of the CATCH® Awards for Excellence in Health (CATCH Awards) have distinguished themselves among the more than 10,000 CATCH sites across the United States through:
- Positive, demonstrable health impacts among those they serve;
- Exceptionally high standards for fidelity of program implementation; and,
- Continued dedication to sustain programmatic efforts across multiple years.
In recognition of their service, each of the CATCH Award winners will get to select a new school or site to receive a scholarship to implement the CATCH Program. This may include free training, curriculum, materials, and technical support. The winners will also receive the “CATCH GO Bowl” trophy, which we hope our award winners will keep in a visible location and perhaps even stocked with fresh fruit or another “GO” food!
The CATCH Awards, presented by CATCH Global Foundation and Flaghouse, Inc., are given in three categories, based on geographic footprint and scope of work with CATCH:
- Community: delivers CATCH programming directly to local children and families.
- Regional: oversees CATCH program delivery across multiple communities within an expanded geographic area.
- State: coordinates CATCH implementation with multiple partner organizations to serve large and diverse populations across an entire state.
In addition to providing well-deserved recognition, the CATCH Awards are intended to provide a platform to spotlight local achievements that may serve as models for success across the nation.
More information about the inaugural awardees and their achievements will be posted soon on the CATCH website and social media platforms.
CATCH® Award Winners
- CATCH® Award for Excellence in Community Health: Providence St. Patrick Hospital (Missoula, Montana)
- CATCH® Award for Excellence in Regional Health: Illinois CATCH onto Health! Consortium (Illinois Delta Region)
- CATCH® Award for Excellence in State Health: Healthy U, a partnership between the Horizon Foundation for New Jersey and the New Jersey YMCA State Alliance and its 37 Member Associations (New Jersey)