Dear CATCH Community,
Thank you for your daily dedication to building a healthy future for our children. Our collective efforts now bring CATCH programs to over 1,700,000 children each year, with new communities beginning implementation every week. Together we are making major progress in creating and sustaining healthy social norms and behaviors.
You can help us to continue investing in CATCH programs, underserved communities, and our mission to improve children’s health worldwide. Scroll down to make a direct donation via PayPal or you can support the CATCH Promise on an ongoing basis, at no cost to you, through AmazonSmile. Select “CATCH Global Foundation” as your supporting organization and Amazon will give CATCH 0.5% of the value of all qualifying purchases made on the smile.amazon.com website.
Note: AmazonSmile is the same Amazon you know. Same products, same prices, same service. Donations are only made when you checkout on the smile.amazon.com website (not through the app or regular Amazon website).
100% of individual donations go straight to programming thanks to the generosity of our Founding Partners (The University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center, Michael & Susan Dell Foundation, RGK Foundation and UTHealth). For example:
- $10 brings CATCH to a child in a low-income community
- $25 brings our new e-cigarette prevention program CATCH My Breath to an entire school for a year
- $5,000 brings full CATCH coordinated school health environmental transformation to an underserved school
Our collective work has led us to another banner year in 2016. Highlights include:
- Implementation, expansion and improvement of CATCH programs in many low-income areas around the country, including Ysleta (El Paso), Jefferson Parish (New Orleans), Pasadena (Houston), Brownsville (Rio Grande Valley), Detroit, New York City, and Imperial County California. This work has been supported through collaboration with Blue Cross Blue Shield of Texas, Paso Del Norte Health Foundation, Humana Foundation, Michigan Health Endowment Fund and UC CalFresh SNAP-Ed program, among others.
- Launch of MD Anderson’s Ray and the Sunbeatables™: A Sun Safety Curriculum, and expansion of the pre-school and K-1 versions of this program to reach 70,000 kids in 625 schools
- Creation, pilot testing and launch of UTHealth’s CATCH My Breath: Youth E-Cigarette Prevention Program for 6th-8th graders. 7 out of 8 middle schoolers in the pilot reported that they were less likely to use e-cigarettes as a result of the program. CATCH My Breath now reaches over 50 schools around the country with several states planning large expansions in 2017. This expansion is supported by various state and county health departments and a grant from St. David’s Foundation which makes the program free for all middle schools in Central Texas.
- Development and launch of Digital CATCH, which now offers over 100 free and interactive e-curriculum samples including physical activities; lessons on nutrition, health & e-cigarette prevention; and our brand new Early Childhood Coordination Toolkit. If you haven’t already signed up, just go to digitalcatch.org.
Thank you again for your commitment to CATCH and helping future generations live healthier, more active lives. All contributions, regardless of amount, bring us a step closer in our fight for sustained wellness.
For more information on giving, please contact email@example.com.