Getting Started with CATCH
On this page:
- A guide to which CATCH program to use
- Steps for contacting CATCH, setting up a training and implementing the program
Before you get started with a CATCH training and ordering curriculum, the first step is to identify what CATCH program is right for your community! What specific CATCH Program should you use?
Early Childhood Centers
- Use CATCH Early Childhood Curriculum.
- For an example, read our case study on Gulf Coast Community Association Head Starts!
Summer Program/Day Camp
City/County/State Health Departments
- Your needs will vary based on what communities you’re serving, and may use more than one curriculum. Contact an associate for details!
- For an example, read our case study on Oklahoma Department of Health!
- Your needs may vary based on what communities you’re serving, and may use more than one curriculum. Contact an associate for details!
- For an example, read our case study on KishHealth System in DeKalb, IL!
- Depending on ages, you may use CATCH Early Childhood or CATCH Kids Club programs.
- For an example, read our case study on Discover CATCH!
Steps to implementation
The first step to implementing CATCH at your school is, of course, contacting us! Staff at CATCH will help you pick a program that works, plan a training, purchase equipment, and manage your budget.
There are key elements to implementing a CATCH program at your district or organization – curriculum, training and adequate physical activity equipment. CATCH provides a number of curriculum materials, including physical activity cards, nutrition curriculum, and in schools, our Coordination Kits, as well as physical activity equipment. Our associates will help you select all of the pieces your program needs, supply you with cost estimates, and work with you to find grant funds if available.
CATCH training teaches administrators and front line staff how to use these tools to their highest effectiveness. CATCH certified trainers travel across the country providing staff knowledge and skills in how to best use CATCH, and our “Train-the-Trainer” model enables communities to appoint their own trainers to keep CATCH going for years after our certified trainers leave.
Once you’re all trained and ready to go, CATCH provides ongoing support as you work to implement CATCH. You can reach out at any time if you have questions, concerns, need tips, or want to schedule a booster training.